The Apex Awards are used as a platform to recognise the top-quality products created using Polartec fabrics and also highlight the ones which are about to hit the shelves. Innovation and the creativity shown in integrating Polartec fabrics into the products determine the outcome of the Apex Awards.
Press Release: Polartec, the premium provider of innovative and sustainable textile solutions, announces the winners of its 2019 Polartec Apex Awards, an annual design award program celebrating the finest products made from Polartec fabrics. The winning products were selected based on skilled and creative uses of Polartec fabric technologies.
The winners are:
- 66ºNorth x Ganni Kria NeoShell Jacket, a collaboration merging Icelandic technical know-how with Danish style, referencing 66ºNorth’s first outdoor performance jacket from the 90s, with Polartec® NeoShell®, the most breathable waterproof fabric.
- 8Js Jackie Driver Blazer, a technical reinterpretation of the classic menswear style from the emerging motorsports-inspired Italian fashion label, constructed from highly breathable and water-resistant Polartec® Power Shield® Pro softshell, with breathable military-grade Polartec® Alpha® insulation.
- Bally Super Smash Techno Jacket, a masterpiece of three Polartec technologies––Polartec® NeoShell® breathable waterproof exterior, military-grade Polartec® Alpha® insulation, and cosy Polartec microfleece lining––from the Swiss fashion brand.
- Burton Mine77 Cold Weather Hooded Top and Pants, a versatile top and bottom combo employing new Polartec® Power Air™ fabric which encapsulates air to regulate body heat while minimising fibre shedding, part of Jake Burton’s Mine77 signature product collection.
- Crazy Idea T-Shirt Delta Woman, a technical shirt from the Italian ski touring company, designed for summer training, with Polartec® Delta™ cooling fabric.
- Diadora N9000 H Leo Colacicco, an innovative version of Diadora’s original running shoe, with a striking Polartec® Thermal Pro® shearling fleece upper and nubuck details.
- Dudley Stephens Ashford Poncho, an elegant poncho, able to be thrown over the shoulders and zipped for an easy, warm and chic look, made of a Polartec® Thermal Pro® fleece with a curly pile aesthetic.
- Fusalp Monza Combinasion, a Formula 1-inspired ski suit made of breathable military-grade Polartec® Alpha® insulation for a combination of thermoregulation, lightweight free movement, and slenderness from the French ski apparel brand.
- Giro Emerge, Jackson, Range, Union, Vue and Zone MIPS, premium snow helmets lined with Polartec® Power Grid® fabric for the ultimate fit, moisture management, and temperature regulation.
- Globe Polartec Crew, a crewneck sweater with a complex design featuring a unique patchwork construction of Polartec® Thermal Pro® fleeces from the Australian skate and surf brand.
- LC23 Coat Thermal Pro, a smart trench coat made of a Polartec® Thermal Pro® fleece with a sweater-knit aesthetic, from the emerging Italian fashion label.
- No Bull Soft Shell Jacket, a versatile full-zip hooded jacket made of highly breathable and water-resistant Polartec® Power Shield® Pro fabric for comfort throughout a wide range of conditions and activity levels, from the athletic training brand.
- Santini Adapt Bib Tight, Vega Multi Jacket, Alpha Baselayer, and Alpha Under Gloves, advanced cold-weather cycling solutions including a bib tight made of a new compression version of Polartec® Power Wool™, baselayers and under-gloves made of only Polartec® Alpha® Direct insulation, and a jacket made of Polartec® Power Shield® Pro, all providing exceptional breathability, moisture management and thermoregulation in diverse climatic conditions from the Italian cycling brand.
Every winner is an embodiment of Polartec fabric innovation and design inspiration, celebrating the science of fabric and art of apparel. The winning designers are being recognised with a Malden trophy, an industry award unlike any other.