New for 2020, Arc’teryx is launching their own wilderness programme. Lead by only the best, certified guides, Arc’teryx trips offers small groups the chance to become fully immersed in some of the planet’s most beautiful places doing the very stuff that Arc’teryx specialises in.
ARC’TERYX LAUNCH TRIPS: SMALL GROUPS, WILD PLACES –
IMMERSIVE TRAVEL IN SPECTACULAR LOCATIONS
Arc’teryx, the design company which specialises in technical, high-performance apparel, outerwear and equipment, has its roots in the Canadian West Coast Mountain wilderness. Adventuring in remote places is in the brand’s DNA, and now through a new Arc’teryx Trips programme the company will share that passion for the first time by offering immersive travel experiences to some of the most wild and spectacular locations on the planet.
Launching next year, but available for booking this autumn, the programme features guided, small group trips to 10 awe-inspiring destinations with world-class mountain guides. The experiences on offer include trekking in the Yukon, trail running in Corsica, mountaineering in Chamonix, and rock climbing in the Dolomites, with each trip centred around the main sports Arc’teryx makes products for.
Each meticulously designed experience will move active adventurers to the next level of technical expertise alongside like-minded explorers. All of the guides chosen to lead each trip have been carefully selected by Arc’teryx, and all are either IFMGA (International Federation of Mountain Guides Association), ACMG (Association of Canadian Mountain Guides) or AMGA (American Mountain Guides Association) certified to ensure trip attendees receive the best in safety, local knowledge and skill development.
The brand’s first Arc’teryx Trips programme will include the following destinations for the Summer/Fall 2020 season, beginning in June and running through September:
- Chamonix (France) – Explore the best climbs in Chamonix, home to some of the highest and most dramatic peaks in Europe.
- Chilcotins (Canada) – Take a trail running journey through British Columbia’s backcountry, with mountainous terrain, forests, plateaus and crystal-clear mountain lakes. A departure exclusively for female runners will also be offered.
- Corsica (France) – This rugged island off the coast of France offers once-in-a-lifetime trail running adventures, from cliffs to mountains to coasts.
- Dolomites (Italy) – Experience the largest and most spectacular limestone climbing area in the European Alps with steep towers rising up to 1,600m.
- Ghost River Valley (Canada) – Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the climbing at Ghost River offers a wide variety of styles from modern, bolted sport routes to traditional multi-pitch climbs.
- Grand Tetons (U.S.) – Discover one of the classic North American mountaineering and rock-climbing experiences in Wyoming’s Grand Tetons National Park. This trip is offered exclusively to female climbers.
- Swiss Alps (Switzerland) – The Swiss Alps is what postcards were made for, and this trail running experience showcases the region’s peaks and valleys in the most personal and challenging way.
- Titcomb (U.S.) – Run past lakes and glaciers in Wyoming’s gorgeous Titcomb Basin, where the sights are as awe-inspiring as the terrain is challenging.
- Tombstones (Canada) – Trek through one of the Yukon’s most spectacular wilderness regions in Tombstone Territorial Park, framed by a dramatic landscape of tundra and wind-carved mountains.
- Wind River (U.S.) – Discover extraordinary alpine climbing in Wyoming’s Cirque of the Towers, complemented by some of the most stunning scenery in the Wind River Range.
The individual experiences will be open for registration on October 15, 2019 and depending on the destination, space will be available for between four to 12 guests. The intimate group sizes will allow participants to have a more personalised experience with their guide. The cost for each Arc’teryx Trips experience will range from £1800 to £6,000 per person, including taxes. For more information about the programme, details about expertise needed, recommended supplies and booking, please visit http://trips.arcteryx.com.
Arc’teryx is a global design company based in North Vancouver, Canada, specialising in technical high-performance apparel, outerwear and equipment. Our products are distributed through more than 3,000 retail locations worldwide, including over 50 branded stores. Arc’teryx is named for the Archaeopteryx Lithographica, the first reptile to develop the feather for flight.
About Arc’teryx Trips
Arc’teryx Trips are immersive travel experiences designed to give participants unrivalled access to wild places in small group settings. Led by certified, elite-level guides, each uniquely crafted experience will allow participants to expand personal frontiers alongside like-minded peers in world-class destinations.