Glencoe Mountain Resort in Scotland is set to host The Mighty Coe, a D2C snowboard and ski festival, expo and test event across the last weekend in March. There will be a heavy focus on backcountry, with workshops, avalanche training and mountain skills training.
What is it?
- A public/consumer-facing ski and snowboard festival, expo and equipment test event held at Glencoe Mountain Resort, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 March.
- It’s aimed at all kinds of snowsport enthusiasts, with an emphasis on those who aspire to, or have already discovered, the pleasures of the backcountry.
- With international travel now less appealing due to both climate change and Covid, this event aims to showcase just how good domestic snowsport can be.
- Demo open 09.30 – 16.00 both days
- Snowsport brands stands, new kit expo and demo
- Full programme of supporting activity
- Guided backcountry intro, half and full day sessions
- Intro avalanche training sessions
- Mountain skills taster sessions
- Dedicated skin track/off piste test loop
- Ski and board skills clinics
- Freestyle demos
- Freestyle airbag
- Family snow fun programme
- Mountain food stalls (outdoors)
- The Mighty Coe Bar (outdoors) until approx. 17.00.
- Evening programme with afterparty, films and talks
Tickets and entry?
- Public entry included in lift pass, bookable in advance
- Extra charges apply for skills courses and guiding, bookable in advance
- Demo and test kit, first comefirst served (pre-booking system available if required)
- Estimated audience up to 1200 active skiers and snowboarders per day
Info for exhibitors etc…
- Festival village situated on Plateau (near Café at top of Access Chair). (Repositioned in case of bad weather.)
- Event set-up is Friday
- Expo demo space cost: £35 per square metre for the whole weekend. Includes 2 lift passes for staff/crew.
- Exhibitor kit transported to site from bottom car park by snowcat/4×4/chairlift (included in pitch fee)
- Equipment/products/expo kit stored securely on the hill overnight
- Pitch fees refunded if cancelled due to bad weather
Marketing and promo
- Dedicated event website
- Full marketing programme: social media, trad media and various online
Who’s behind it?
Award-winning Scottish outdoor events company Hillside Outside Ltd, working closely with the team at Glencoe Mountain Resort as well as external guides and industry experts. We have a track record of producing successful festivals, expo and demo events, primarily in the mountain bike industry