September’s Surf Expo is almost here and the organisers have announced this year’s headline speaker: World surf champion Shaun Tomson. The full weekend schedule of talks, workshops, and demos.
World Champion Surfer and Author Shaun Tomson to Headline Surf Expo’s Packed Roster of Events
Surf Expo, the premier watersports and coastal lifestyle tradeshow, will host a jampacked roster of events at the upcoming show Sept. 8-10 in Orlando, Fla., including a keynote address by Shaun Tomson, a world champion surfer, author, entrepreneur, and acclaimed speaker.
Tomson will discuss “Transformation After Disruption – The Code to Ride the Next Wave” at 8 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 9. The topic is inspired by his new book with international poet-philosopher Noah benShea entitled “The Surfer and the Sage: A Guide to Survive & Ride Life’s Waves.”
Shaun has spoken to tens of thousands of people at public events and at companies as diverse as Google, Disney International, General Motors, Cisco, Price Waterhouse Cooper (PwC), Patagonia Inc., universities, prisons, and more.
“We are thrilled to welcome such an accomplished speaker to Surf Expo who is well known for his surfing history and also for the inspiring books he has authored,” said Surf Expo Senior Vice President Roy Turner. “We are also happy to offer so many other opportunities for attendees to learn, socialize, and refine their business skills.”
Other major events at the show include:
- The Surf Expo Industry Party presented by Body Glove at 6 p.m. Friday, which will include live reggae from Jahfe, brews and good times to celebrate Body Glove’s 70th Anniversary.
- Volcom returns to the show with live DJ’s daily, including @billycreature and DJ Lena (from La Luz).
- Carver will host a 5,600 square foot Surfskate demo zone directly across from their booth each day of the show.
- Sustainability 101: A Mini-Masterclass with Derek Sabori of The Underswell at 2 p.m. Thursday will educate, motivate, and provide sustainability insights to brands and retailers.
- Rip Curl Happy Hour in the WSL Finals Lounge from 4:30 to 6 p.m. on Thursday and Friday will offer a live feed of the Rip Curl WSL Finals and beers with the Rip Curl crew.
- The Post Show Mixer at 6 p.m. Thursday offers attendees a chance to unwind after the first day of the show with free beer and music provided by DJ Lance-O.
- 4ocean, the official recycling partner of Surf Expo, will host a Happy Hour at 4:30 p.m. Friday with free beer and a reusable 4ocean cup.
- LE CLUB is offering complimentary mimosas for buyers starting at 11 a.m. Friday in addition to hosting a swim trunk giveaway.
- Daily fashion shows on the show floor will feature the newest looks and trends from Surf Expo exhibitors.
- The Board Retailers Association will host a Roundtable discussion at 12:30 p.m. Friday where a panel discusses ideas for navigating the volatile retail environment.
That’s just a partial list of all of the exciting happenings coming to Surf Expo in September. See the full list of events here.
In addition, retailers will have many opportunities to find something new for their stores thanks to the 165 new exhibitors that are attending Surf Expo’s summer show for the first time. See the full list of exhibitors here.