Anon 2022/23 Snow Helmets Preview
Retail Buyers Guide: Snow Helmets 2022/23 Retail Buyer’s Guide
What are the main trends in the snowboarding helmet market?
The main trend within the helmet market is an increased awareness of safety – people want to have the safest helmets possible and are willing to pay a premium price for that.
What is the general consumer’s attitude towards wearing snow helmets?
The attitude continues to be positive, both through adoption rates, consumer comfort levels towards helmets and knowledge of key features that exist to differentiate models.
What were your biggest sellers in FW21/22?
We see our customers gravitating towards our WaveCel collection if they are looking for the safest helmets possible. Raider 3 and Greta 3 are top selling classics at a lower price point.
Where do you expect the biggest growth in helmets for FW22/23?
We see the biggest growth in our premium helmets and are building our 22/23 line with a clear focus on our Anon exclusive WaveCel technology.
We’re extending our WaveCel line with the new Oslo helmet for a total of 4 WaveCel models.
Do you have any innovations in terms of design or materials for FW22/23?
Last season we introduced the Anon exclusive WaveCel technology:
WaveCel is a revolutionary, three-dimensional cellular structure that protects the brain in ways other materials can’t. WaveCel behaves like a network of hundreds of interconnected shock absorbers connecting your head and the outer shell of the helmet. It distributes the impact energy through its network of cells. It absorbs impact forces like the crumple zone of a car and diverts rotational forces by flexing, crumbling and gliding.
Are you offering any accessories to your helmets?
We are offering a seamless fit including helmets, goggles, and MFI Facemasks. Our MFI facemasks protect your face and neck from wind, sun and cold with our patented magnetic connection that seals the face pane to any MFI –compatible Anon goggles. They come in a wide range of coverage types and materials to make sure you are covered in all conditions.
Are your products targeted to specific customers / rider types?
We offer a wide selection of styles and colors to fit individual needs but also classify our helmets as All Mountain, which include more ventilation options in terms of quantity and the number of adjustable vents. The other classification within our line is the Freestyle class, these feature passive ventilation with more classic, skate style exterior designs.
Please name and describe in about 60 words your 3 key models for FW22/23.
- New Oslo WaveCel – Rodan design language, WaveCel protection
- In-shell 360°BOA® FitSystem
- In-mold shell construction
- Passive ventilation
- Unisex offering
- Adult & youth sizing
- Fidlock® buckle
- Polartec® fleece liner and earpads
- Windham WaveCel
- Leading safety features, a durable hardshell design, and one-hand fit adjustability for distraction-free comfort.
- The Anon Windham WaveCel Helmet pairs everyday hardshell durability with the advanced impact protection of WaveCel technology. WaveCel is a collapsible cellular structure that lines the inside of the helmet. It’s designed to flex, crumple, and glide to reduce rotational and direct impact forces. A 360° BOA® Fit System offers a quick, micro-adjustable fit with the turn of a dial, and the Fidlock® magnetic helmet strap buckle allows for easy one-hand operation, even with gloves. Polartec® Power Grid® fleece liner and ear pads maintain quick-drying warmth for all-day comfort. Sleek fixed vents keep the air flowing for fog-free goggles.
- Windham WaveCel
- Rodan MIPS
- Micro-adjustable fit, fleece-lined warmth, and a lightweight feel with MIPS crash technology.
- The Rodan MIPS® Helmet features in-mold shell construction for a lightweight feel with a sleek, low-profile fit. The MIPS (Multidirectional Impact Protection System) helps reduce angled impact forces for increased crash safety. A 360° BOA® Fit System offers quick, micro-adjustable fit with the turn of a dial, and the Fidlock® magnetic helmet strap buckle allows for easy one-hand operation, even with gloves. Integrated venting keeps air moving for fog-free goggles and all-day comfort. The plush fleece liner and ear pads offer maximum warmth and moisture-wicking comfort.
- Rodan MIPS